Experts predict Sunshine Coast ready to fly

first_imgThe proposed $350 million expansion of Sunshine Coast Airport heads a list of developments set to draw commercial property buyers to the area in droves, CBRE says.The airport’s privatisation, the new Maroochydore City Centre, the completion of Sunshine Coast Public University and the construction of 20,000 new homes south of Caloundra are among the projects that could help the region become Queensland’s next target for investors, according to a CBRE Viewpoint.Calls for community submissions on the airport’s redevelopment closed late last year, after expansion plans were tabled that include a new 2.4km runway capable of accommodating A330, B787 and B777 aircraft.Read the full story on Commercial NewsMore from news02:37Purchasers snap up every residence in the $40 million Siarn Palm Beach North12 hours ago02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa1 day agolast_img read more

Buyers are splashing cash to transform older Brisbane homes

first_imgThe older home has retained its character.A lot of the cost was went on elevating the older homes and building them up, which is a common requirement for renovated Queenslanders. 15 Francis Street CorindaA SIX-BEDROOM Queenslander in Corinda was the biggest sale for the week, and the new owner is not done spending yet.The pre-war home at 15 Francis St was snapped up for $1.45 million after it was on the market for five months. Belle Property Sherwood principal Maria Peirce said that although the home looked immaculate on the outside, it was showing its age on the inside. From above.The new owner plans to spend more money on an internal renovation to modernise the home.Ms Peirce said it was common for older Queenslander homes around the Corinda area to have costly renovations that can cost close to $1 million. “If you do a renovation on a Queenslander you are looking to spend a minimum of $750,000 to $900,000,” she said.center_img More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus20 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market20 hours agoThe older home was extensively remodelled.“It is still very liveable but it does need a renovation,” she said. The home is in an elevated cul-de-sac and has views of Mount Coot-Tha.last_img read more

HACE commissions its first wave energy converter

first_imgImage provided by HACE.Hydro Air Concept Energy (HACE) commissioned its first wave energy converter with multiple oscillating water columns on August 31 in the Atlantic Port of La Rochelle, located in Biscay Bay in western France.This comes after HACE, the French wave energy technology developer, conducted the first launch of its 50kW prototype to try it out before deployment. Following the first launch, done earlier in August, the prototype – measuring 20 by 18 meters – was rested on the ground for inspection, final adjustments, checks and various finishing touches.Now, the installed wave energy converter will stay at the site to undergo preliminary testing for a time period yet to be specified.HACE states that its device is a viable solution, both in terms of technology and cost-efficiency, as it favors the most permanent possible operation and is sensitive to the lightest, and even disordered, movements of the sea, rather than seeking to achieve high power generation in rare conditions.The system, based on transforming the movement of the swell into electricity, recovers the oscillating movement of water to compress air and pass it through a turbine that generates electricity. According to its developer, the advantages that HACE wave energy converter brings are due to the fine tuning of all sub-assemblies.“We produce electricity almost all the time with a very high load factor, much higher than other renewable energy solutions. In addition, we produce energy when the needs are greatest, as waves are generally higher in the evening and in winter,” said Jean-Luc Stanek, Chairman of HACE’s Board of Directors.“The principle of the oscillating water column had existed for ages. But it has never been exploited as we do. The patented design of our products allows us to capture the energy of a wide spectrum of waves, starting from 50 cm. However, most bodies of water are almost constantly agitated by small waves. This has two decisive consequences for the supply we put on the market: the crushing of fixed costs, and low production intermittency,” Stanek explained.The French wave energy technology developer is supported by Bordeaux Montesquieu Technopole and UNITEC, the main support structure for start-ups in the Bordeaux area and New Aquitaine. From 2018, HACE will also receive support through an innovation grant from the New Aquitaine Region and from the European Union through the Horizon 2020 programme.last_img read more

Busy Signal to be extradited before the end of the week

first_img Sharing is caring! EntertainmentNewsRegional Busy Signal to be extradited before the end of the week by: – June 6, 2012 Share Tweet Sharecenter_img Share 43 Views   no discussions Busy SignalDancehall artiste Busy Signal is expected to be extradited to the United States before the end of the week to face a charge of absconding bail.There were reports that preparations were being made to turn him over yesterday to US Marshalls who will accompany him to Minnesota where the charge was laid.A police source disclosed that the entertainer is still in Jamaica.Another source said the surrender warrant has been signed by the Jamaican authorities and all is in place for the entertainer to be taken to the US.Busy Signal was arrested three weeks ago by members of the Fugitive Apprehension Team, after completing a European tour.When he was taken to court on May 24, the artiste waived his right to an extradition hearing.Yard Flexlast_img read more

‘Use electricity wisely’

first_imgHe suggested switching off ofnonessential lights and electric appliances. Last month, engineers tested the loadcapacity of Ileco 2 transformers. “Konano lang kinahanglanon ta, amo lang na ang gamiton naton,” said the Ileco 2 general manager./PN Ileco 2 anticipates a spike inelectricity consumption this holiday season. Roquios said this is due to thewidespread use of Christmas lights and sound systems. He urged consumers to immediatelycontact Ileco 2 if they have electricity-related concerns such as overloadedtransformers so these could be addressed quickly.  “Usually, tanannga suga ginapasiga kag tanan nga sound systems ginapatukar. Dapat  i-minimizeang amo sina nga practice. May dyan kon kaisa nga weak point, ma-give way or masunog,” said Roquios. According to Engineer Jose RedmondEric Roquios, general manager of Ileco 2, the cooperative has 121,524consumer-members in the component city of Passi and the municipalities ofPototan, Mina, Dingle, Dueñas, San Enrique, Bingawan, Calinog, Lambunao,Badiangan, Janiuay, New Lucena, Zarraga, Barotac Nuevo, and Dumangas. “Ileco 2 has prepared for the holidayseason,” said Roquios in a press conference yesterday. ILOILO – While it has sufficientsupply of electricity and is efficient in distributing this, Iloilo ElectricCooperative 2 (Ileco 2) nevertheless urged people to be conscientiousconsumers, most especially this holiday season.last_img read more

Why Willian decided to leave Stamford Bridge

first_img Loading… Willian  is “upset and offended” by how his seven-year spell at Chelsea is ending, according to reports. The Brazil star is poised to join Chelsea’s FA Cup final conquerors Arsenal on a three-year contract that Stamford Bridge chiefs declined to offer him. The Blues have a long-standing policy of not offering players aged 30 or over any more than one-year extensions and Willian demanded three years or no deal. Arsenal have taken advantage of the West London stand-off by reportedly handing the Brazilian star a three-year deal worth £100,000 per week. According to ESPN, the winger is gutted at how his time at Stamford Bridge has come to a close. And Willian’s entourage feels the Blues didn’t try hard enough to stop him joining rivals Arsenal. Antonio Rudiger believes Chelsea will greatly miss the “calm and humble” Brazil winger if he seals his Gunners move. According to The Mail, the 27-year-old was quoted as saying: “Since day one of coming to Chelsea, he and David Luiz got me into the team and helped me out in the first couple of months because it was not that easy.Advertisement “He is a great guy and a really, really good footballer. “He is calm and humble and it will be sad if I don’t see him again as a team-mate. “He is not the type of player who talks that much.” Willian’s agent Kia Joorabchian has stated that as many as five teams want to sign the 31-year-old when his contract expires. read also:Breaking: Willian finally a Gunner! Frank Lampard has insisted he wanted to keep the highly-rated Blues ace. It comes as no surprise given that he has been key to the club’s success since his arrival in 2013. He has scored 63 goals and added 62 assists in 339 games while helping them to two Premier League titles, one Europa League, FA Cup, and League Cup. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 center_img Promoted ContentWhat Are The Most Delicious Foods Out There?11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopThe 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The World7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The WorldBest Car Manufacturers In The WorldTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All TimeBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The UniverseWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?Best & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreEver Wonder What Keanu Reeves Spends His Paychecks On?last_img read more

Rev. Clarence J. Hubbard, 86

first_imgRev. Clarence J. Hubbard, 86, Greensburg, Indiana, passed away on Thursday, September 17, 2020 at home surrounded by his family.  He was born on November 9, 1933 in New Point, Indiana, the son of Phillip Ford and Mary (Marcum) Hubbard.  He married Nancy Marilyn Gregory on October 8, 1955 and she survives.  Clarence worked as a maintenance technician at GE for 21 years and retired from Federal Mogul as a maintenance technician after 20 years.  Clarence was a member of the New Point Gospel Heirs group ion New Point for 5 years and an Assistant Pastor of the Freewill Baptist Church in Norristown, Indiana for 15 years.  When Clarence had free time from church and work, he loved to go fishing and spend time with his wife and family.  Clarence was an avid coffee drinker, most every morning he would have a cup of black coffee and donut sticks while reading the local newspaper. On any given day it would not be unusual to find Clarence at KFC, as according to him, it was the best place to eat in Greensburg.  Clarence also loved spending time with his grandchildren, building train sets, watching them play sports and teaching them new things.  He is survived by a daughter, Janice Darlene Brendel (Larry Gray) of Westport; three sons, Clarence Timothy (Kim) Hubbard, of Greensburg, Bobby Dale (Pam) Hubbard, of Greensburg, Michael Thomas (Cindy)0 Hubbard, of Shelbyville, and an adopted daughter, Cassandra DeLana (Dylan) Buckley, of Greensburg, 11 grandchildren, 22 great grandchildren, and 1 great great granddaughter; one brother, Danny Petro; one half brother, Roger Hubbard; three half sisters, Dorothy Gorbett, Georgia Williams, and Sandra Hubbard.  He was preceded in death by his parents; four sisters, Doris Moulton, Viola Smith, Patty Lyons, and Diane Snyder; three brothers, Roy Hubbard, Billy Gene Hubbard, and Jimmy Hubbard; two grandsons, Shawn Brendel and Phillip Hubbard; one granddaughter, Brittany Hubbard.  Visitation for family and friends, observing CDC precautions, will be held on Monday, September 21, 2020 from 11:00 to 1:00 p.m. at the Porter-Oliger-Pearson Funeral Home in Greensburg.  Funeral Services will follow at 1:00 p.m. on at the funeral home with Rev. George Mitchell officiating.  Interment will be held in the Milford Cemetery in Milford, Indiana.  In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the family through the funeral home.  Online condolences can be made to the family at www.popfuneralhome.comlast_img read more

Mayweather mocks McGregor

first_imgRelatedPosts Sexual assault: McGregor awaits physical test, video evidence Sexual assault charge: UFC superstar denies allegation, released without charge Spain legend, Casillas, retires at 39 Floyd Mayweather has questioned Conor McGregor’s latest retirement announcement, insisting he will be “waiting” should the UFC star change his mind.McGregor announced he is retiring from MMA for the third time in four years on Sunday, despite making his long-awaited comeback just in January. “Hey guys I’ve decided to retire from fighting,” he wrote across his social media platforms.“Thank you all for the amazing memories! What a ride it’s been! Here is a picture of myself and my mother in Las Vegas post one of my world title wins! Pick the home of your dreams Mags I love you! Whatever you desire it’s yours.”Mayweather – who claimed a stoppage win against McGregor in a hugely lucrative boxing match in 2017 – also took to social media to mock the Irishman’s latest claim.“If I’m not mistaken, didn’t you tell Mike Tyson you could beat me if we fought a second time?” the retired 50-0 fighter said.“Now you’re quitting! I thought you wanted to beat the best? Well, if you decide to come back, I will be waiting to punish you again.” McGregor has fought twice following his loss to Mayweather, bouncing back with a 40-second knockout win against Donald Cerrone after suffering a devastating loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov in October 2018.The 31-year-old has also spoken of a rematch with Mayweather on numerous occasions, describing the American as “far from retired” and insisting the rematch “will happen at some stage”.Mayweather – who recently offered to cover the costs of the funeral of George Floyd, who was killed in Minneapolis late in May – has not fought professionally since the pair’s bout.The undefeated 43-year-old has since started training lightweight Devin Haney, however.Tags: Conor McGregorFloyd Mayweather JrMockeryRetirementUFClast_img read more

Lukaku keeping it simple

first_img Press Association “Hopefully it is one of many good performances,” he said. “Every game I have a simple approach: to do my best for my team and then everything comes automatically. “The next target is Saturday (against Manchester City). I’m very happy with the way things are going.” Lukaku said there was still plenty of work to be done, especially after seeing their comfortable 3-0 half-time lead pegged back by the visitors after the break. “Something we have to work on is to kill games easily and stop the threat and then we can do better but the season is long,” he told evertontv. “We are playing well and we have to profit from it, everyone in the team has to. We have a very good squad and I think everyone can be important in this team. “Hopefully we can continue this form and better results will come.” The victory – the third in succession after a trio of draws – moved the Toffees into fourth place. Manager Roberto Martinez is pleased the changes he has made since taking over from David Moyes in the summer are coming to fruition but he was reluctant to get involved in predictions about the challenge for the top four and title. “It is a good start. We were very disappointed with the return we had in the first three games,” he said. “We deserved a lot more but what has pleased me is that we have been very consistent in our performances. “It (title race) is really open. There are many changes from a manager’s point of view and I don’t think it will shape up until the first third of the season gets settled. “But it is really good to see five or six teams capable of winning games. I think the competition will be one of the best for a long time.” Unfortunately for Newcastle their concerns are currently in the other half of the table as just seven points from six matches have left them in 16th place. Manager Alan Pardew believes that is a false position, however, and is targeting a return to the top half. “I think we still have a chance of the top 10,” he said. “As a team we have shown inconsistencies, especially in our defending. “Some of the goals we have conceded this year really are not good enough for us. “The consistency of performance individually and as a unit – the back four – we will have to do some work and there will have to be some personnel changes in there. “I thought Mike Williamson came on and we looked a lot stronger and he has given himself a great chance of featuring at Cardiff.” Everton striker Romelu Lukaku believes an uncomplicated approach to his football is paying off for him. The Belgium international took his tally to three goals in just 135 minutes of league football after scoring twice in the 3-2 win at home to Newcastle which extended the only remaining unbeaten record in the top flight. Lukaku has made an immediate impact since arriving on a season-long loan from Chelsea but he refuses to get ahead of himself. last_img read more

Hima Das named Sports Ambassador of Assam

first_imgOur Sports ReporterGUWAHATI, July 23: The new queen of Indian athlete Hima Das today named as the first sports ambassador of the State. The announcement came after State cabinet in its meeting today approved the proposal.Hima recently became the first Indian woman to win a gold medal from a world Athletic championship. A pre-tournament favorite, Das clocked 51.46s to bag the gold in women’s 400mts. It may be mentioned here that earlier Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal congratulating the athlete announced that she will be named as the first sports ambassador of the state. Assam Government also announced cash incentive of Rs 50 lakh to Hima for her gold medal-winning performance in the World Championship.last_img read more