Saina Nehwal won her match as expected but was not a hundred per cent happy with the conditions prevalent at the Siri Fort Indoor complex on Monday. The Hyderabadi who dismissed Kenya’s Mercy Mwethya 21-11, 21-14 to help India beat Kenya 5-0 in their opening team Group D tie felt that she had not adjusted to the court conditions.”The court is quite fast,” she said. She was referring to the drift in the hall, which had proved to be her undoing at the Asian Badminton championships in April – she had lost to Chinese qualifier Li Xiuerei in the quarters.Saina felt a more pronounced drift this time. “I feel it’s a bit more pronounced. But there is no cause for concern. I will get used to it in a couple of days,” she said.Chief coach Pullela Gopi Chand was happy with his wards’ performance. “I am satisfied with the way the team played. But it will be much tougher against Scotland and Wales. They are much tougher than Kenya and Barbados (whom India play on Tuesday),” he added.Chetan Anand put India on the right track with a 21-7, 21-13 win over Victory Oderga in 14 minutes. He was in good form, scoring repeatedly with smashes and cross-court drops.Saina stepped on court to rout Mwethya in a mere 16 minutes.Then, the doubles combine of Rupesh Kumar and Sanave Thomas crushed Victor Munga and Patrik Kibet 21-5, 21-5 to hand the home team an easy win over the Kenya pair.advertisementHaving clinched the tie, the Indian think tank decided to rest Jwala Gutta as she was paired with Velliavetil Diju for the mixed doubles – the day’s last match.Aparna Balan partnered Aswini Ponnappa to crush Joseph and Anitah Bushuru 21-8, 21-6 win the women’s doubles.In the fifth and final match Jwala and Diju spanked Anna Njambi Ng’ang’a and Frederick Choube 21-8, 21-5 as India recorded a clean 5-0 sweep over Kenya.For Chetan, it was an easy outing. “It was good to be off to such a good start. I was stroking well and catching the shuttle early. We are aiming to reach the finals – let’s see what happens,” he said.He agreed that India’s last two ties against Scotland and Wales would be a different proposition. “There is no mistaking the fact that Scotland and Wales are much stronger.They have been regulars on the European championships,” he added.On her part, Jwala said: “I think all the hard work I had put in is bearing fruit. Playing with Diju is a real pleasure,” she added Jwala, a strong mixed-doubles medal contender, expects to meet Canada in the quarter-finals. “We should make it to the finals,” she said.Former international Sanjay Sharma said India stood a good chance of putting it across to top seeds Malaysia.”I think England will be tougher for us to beat than Malaysia. They have an edge over us in the men’s singles and doubles events. In the singles, Rajiv Ouseph is a hard nut to crack. I am not saying he is a sure shot but would fancy his chances more than Chetan. Saina should almost certainly win her match. But the three doubles ties are loaded in England’s favour,” he said. India are drawn to play England in the semi-finals.In the case of Malaysia, Sanjay said despite having the likes of world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei and the leading doubles pair of Kein Keat Soo/Boo Heong Tan, India had the advantage in the other three matches.For instance, Saina and the pairs of Diju/Jwala and Jwala/Ashwini are better than the Malaysians. I will stick to my stand that we have a better chance against Malaysia than against England,” he added.In the other matches, New Zealand beat Jamaica 5-0, while earlier in the morning session, Malaysia beat Isle of Man 5-0, Australia defeated Seychelles 5-0, Singapore thrashed Nigeria 5-0 and Canada beat Uganda 5-0.On the other hand, the Organising Committee left the Indian team’s technical officials to run from pillar to post for their kits.Eventually, they had to return empty-handed or were handed over kits without anything substantial – there were socks but no shoes, ties but no blazers. There was only one trousers instead of two and no sport Tshirts.The Organising Committee had promised the kits to these officials.”Even after going to collect my kit but fot the third time, I haven’t got a complete one. It is really embarrassing,” a Badminton Association of India official said, showing his receipt. The receipt remarked “a rain coat and two bright yellow tshirts pending”.advertisement
Posted on December 10, 2010November 13, 2014Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)The following is part of a series of project updates from the Centro de Investigaciones y Estudios Superiores en Antropologia (CIESAS). MHTF is supporting their project, Evaluation of ALSO Program. More information on MHTF supported projects can be found here.Written by: CIESASIn the last 3 months, the CIESAS team made an important decision in the design of the ALSO evaluation. The evaluation site was changed from the General Hospital in the coastal city of Pochutla, Oaxaca to the much bigger Civil Hospital Dr. Aurelio Valdivieso in the capital city of Oaxaca. CIESAS made this decision because, unlike we were previously told, this latter hospital does meet basic methodological requirements to carry out the evaluation, and it also is the largest hospital with the greatest load of obstetric emergencies throughout the State of Oaxaca.CIESAS hired four field-workers, all of them recent graduates from medical school and trained them in the correct implementation of observation checklists and patients’ interviews, as well as in basic hospital research bioethics. All instruments were designed for this particular evaluation and were tested and reviewed before being fully implemented. Since the end of September, fieldworkers have been rotating during the night and the morning shifts in the ER and in the Ob/Gyn Unit of the Valdivieso Hospital, observing and registering the actual management of obstetric hemorrhage and preeclampsia/eclampsia, as well as observing and registering how Ob/Gyns manage normal hospital deliveries.Share this: ShareEmailPrint To learn more, read:
On the eve of the X-Blades National 18 Years and Under Championships, Kos Sports X Blades, official partners of Touch Football Australia, have been recognised in the prestigious Australian Business Awards with the Award for Innovation.The team at Kos Sports X Blades have been recognised for their cutting edge technology and products for the sports footwear industry.X Blades are naming rights sponsor of the National Touch League Open and Seniors Tournament, as well as the National 18 Years Tournament, the showcase events on the Touch Football Australia National calendar.Kos Sports X Blades are the official shoe of Touch Football Australia and their new “Genius” range, available in October, will provide revolutionary lightweight mid-sole boots that fit well with comfort, support, flexibility, and durability for the Touch Football enthusiast of all levels of ability and experience.Representatives from Kos Sports X Blades will be in attendance throughout the National 18s Tournament and will have Kos Sports X Blades footwear and products available for sale and order at a designated merchandise area.From park Touch Football to the Elite level, Kos Sports X-Blades has the shoe to suit all standards and competitive interests.Touch Football Australia congratulate Kos Sports X Blades on their success in the Australian Business Awards and look forward to a long and healthy relationship with the market leaders.To read more about Kos Sports X Blades success at the Australian Business Awards please click on the below attachment.Related Filesx-blades_australian_business_awards_winner-pdf
Spalletti: Inter Milan in Coppa Italia to win itby Carlos Volcano9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveInter Milan coach Luciano Spalletti says they’re in the Coppa Italia to win it.Inter meet Benevento in the round of 16 on Sunday.“As we saw last year, these games can hold hidden dangers, but the team is focused and learned from that experience,” said Spalletti.“We have a stronger mentality now and will try to improve it further in this match. Benevento boss Cristian Bucchi has experience now and is very good at setting his team out, so his type of side can cause problems.“We also saw in Cup competitions in England and France that big clubs can be surprised by minnows. Benevento eliminated Udinese in order to get here, so in one-off matches, the gap between teams can be wiped out.”On winning the Coppa, he added: “It is certainly an objective. This is probably the simplest to achieve, because there are fewer games on the way to the Final. Big clubs take part and it’ll be tough, but a side like Inter must aim for victory.” About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say
LEXINGTON, KY – NOVEMBER 14: A general view of the Kentucky Wildcats game against the Grand Canyon Antelopes at Rupp Arena on November 14, 2014 in Lexington, Kentucky. (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)Saturday, Kentucky capped off an undefeated regular season with a victory over rival Florida. As the team continues to march toward the goal of a 40-0 campaign, the players will be sporting some new gear in the postseason. Monday, Kentucky’s equipment Twitter account unveiled a photo of the new Kobe 10’s that the Wildcats will be wearing for both the SEC Tournament and the NCAA Tournament. They’re customized with “Kentucky” written on the inside.Players are getting custom Kobe 10s for the @KentuckyMBB post-season run from @nikebasketball! #31notdone #WeAreUK pic.twitter.com/E969CjIP7U— UK Equipment Staff (@UKequipment) March 9, 2015Duke was also given customized versions of the same shoe earlier this week.Friday, Kentucky, which earned a double-bye in the SEC Tournament, will get the winner of Alabama vs. Florida.
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Rotary Club of Fort St. John’s Drive-thru breakfast is taking place next Thursday.The event will see club members selling reusable lunch bags filled with breakfast items as well as fresh cups of coffee. Breakfast is by donation but the Rotary Club is asking for donations to be a minimum of $5. The drive-thru will be set up next to the Fort St. John Recreation Centre. Anyone wishing to pre-order a bagged breakfast for themselves or their office can also do so in advance.Last year the club raised close to $12,000 and sold out the 500 breakfasts by 9:00 a.m. Marva Kosick of the Rotary Club explained that this year the club will make 1,000 breakfasts in hopes of raising even more money. All proceeds from the fundraiser will go the completion of the new Rotary Spray Park.For more information, contact the Rotary Club of Fort St. John’s Drive-Thru Breakfast committee members:Marva (250) 263-7660Lourdes (250) 263-3014Donna (250) 262-6665Carina (250) 794-1606
In a statement, Unist’ot’en clan spokeswoman Freda Huson says their members have been combing the company’s construction site for a proposed man camp since heavy machinery turned up the forest floor.The statement says supporters recovered two stone tools on Wednesday and archeologists from the Smithsonian Institute estimate one dates back up to 3500 years.It says additional stone tools were observed and recorded but the scale and scope of the work requires assistance from professional archeologists.In an open letter with Huson, archeologists Chelsey Armstrong of the Smithsonian Institution and Ginevra Toniello of the Tsleil-Waututh First Nation call for a review of the archeological overview assessment and all archeological permits granted to the company in the territory.The newly found artifacts reveal that archeological heritage is clearly present and that any assessment should be conducted in consultation with the clan, says the letter addressed to the archeology branch of the B.C. Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations.The Coastal GasLink pipeline would transport natural gas from northeastern British Columbia to LNG Canada’s export terminal in Kitimat on the coast. HOUSTON, B.C. – Coastal GasLink says it has suspended pipeline work south of Houston, B.C., while claims of the discovery of Indigenous artifacts on the site are investigated.The company says it has cordoned off the area, requested that a qualified archeologist visit the site and the B.C. Oil and Gas Commission will conduct another site visit to investigate the claims.It says an archeological impact assessment for the site was approved in 2016, but the company and its archeologists were not able to conduct on-site fieldwork during the regulatory and permitting process due to road access issues. In January, the area was the site of a blockade against the pipeline where police moved in and arrested 14 people.The company says it has approval to build the pipeline from First Nations along the pipeline, but some Wet’suwet’en hereditary chiefs say they haven’t given their consent.
NEW DELHI: Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee Working Presidents on Tuesday appreciated the Party Manifesto ” Ham Nibhayenge” released by Congress President Rahul Gandhi. It is clearly spelt out the demands and aspirations of the people of the country and how to fulfill them.The Working President Haroon Yusuf said that the manifesto has given full attention to the needs of all sections in respective of category, caste, religion and believes of the people, as well as that of the common people, poor, labour, farmers, women, youth, students and the unemployed. Another Congress working President Rajesh Lilothia said that the manifesto clearly shows that the Congress party works for the interest and welfare of the people, and nothing has been left out for the fully integrated developments and progress of the country. The Congress senior leader Mangat Ram Singhal said that the manifesto has also noted that to give relief to the traders, the GST would be simplified, 33 per cent quota would be reserved for women in Parliament and State Assemblies to protect their interest.
New Delhi: Securities Appellate Tribunal has set aside the NSE’s 2017 order banning OPG Securities for six months and has asked the exchange to pass a fresh order in the matter. The National Stock Exchange (NSE) had suspended stock broker OPG Securities for six months in September 2017 as a trading member on all segments after it found that OPG had used the secondary server instead of primary server without any valid reason in co-location facility. Also Read – Commercial vehicle sales to remain subdued in current fiscal: IcraThe NSE had introduced co-location server at its premises in 2009 and OPG had subscribed the facility, according to Securities Appellate Tribunal (SAT) order. The use of secondary server was permitted only in case of failure of primary server and the NSE had already issued such directions, the SAT order said. It conducted the forensic investigation by Deliotte Touche Tohmatsu LLP and the forensic report brought adverse findings against OPG, following which the exchange had passed the order in September 2017. Also Read – Ashok Leyland stock tanks over 5 pc as co plans to suspend production for up to 15 daysHowever, another forensic report by EY LLP in the same issue was submitted and OPG argued that the report depicts a different picture, the order said. “In view of the fact that another forensic investigation report has come up it would be in the interest of justice that the impugned order be quashed and set aside and the matter be remanded to the respondent Stock Exchange to have a fresh look in the matter,” SAT said in an order on Wednesday. Besides, it directed the NSE to pass the order in six week after giving an opportunity to OPG Securities for hearing.