LifestyleArtsEntertainmentFilmNewsLocal NewsMayor congratulates Limerick’s Ruth Negga on Oscar nominationBy Editor – January 24, 2017 1098 Walk in Covid testing available in Limerick from Saturday 10th April No vaccines in Limerick yet Print Shannondoc operating but only by appointment RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WhatsApp Linkedin Twitter Facebook Catalyst International Film Festival launches today Email First Irish death from Coronavirus Previous articleMunster confirm Hart & Farrell capture as Hanrahan returnsNext articleGuitar night for Dolan’s Editor Limerick City and County Mayor, Cllr Kieran O’Hanlon has congratulated actor Ruth Negga on her Oscar nomination for her role in the film ‘Loving’.“I was absolutely delighted to hear the news, and all of Limerick is certainly rooting for her,” said Mayor O’Hanlon. “It’s great for Limerick – we’re on the map now in the film industry, especially with our new purpose built Troy Film Studios in Castletroy open for business.”Displaying his knowledge of cinema through the ages, the Mayor pointed to another famous local actor in commending Negga’s achievements, “Ruth is the second Limerick person to be nominated for an Academy Award. Richard Harris was nominated twice.”Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up “Ruth has done her family in Dooradoyle and Limerick very proud,” the Mayor said. “I will be writing to her on behalf of the citizens of Limerick to congratulate her on her nomination and the best of luck at the ceremony next month. Win or lose, I would love to invite her and her family to a Mayoral Reception, when her schedule allows,” he concluded. Advertisement TAGSfeaturedMayor Kieran O’HanlonRuth Negga Surgeries and clinic cancellations extended
The news comes somewhat as a surprise, following last week’s social media campaign that teased a big change for GRiZ aka Grant Kwiecinski. The electronic producer posted videos and images across his social media accounts with the messaging: “it’s about time we talked” and “I’m gonna miss u guysssss.” The cryptic clues had many fans in a panic about his retirement, though later, it seemed as though “it’s about time we talked” referenced a recently released animated video and spoken word poem. Regardless, after clearing his social media and updating his profile pictures to an image of a blank piece of paper, while retirement may not be in GRiZ’s future (as confirmed by these newly announced Red Rocks dates), it seems clear that the producer may still be looking for a clean slate and new direction.[Photo: Ali Baker] Today, GRiZ announced his return to the iconic Colorado amphitheater, Red Rocks, after teasing the announcement yesterday with a promotional video posted. Like last year, the Boulder-based electronic producer and DJ will perform two shows—one with his live band and one as a more traditional solo performer—though the dates have been moved from early September to mid-summer, on July 13th and 14th, 2018. Last year, during his Red Rocks run, the funk/electronica producer debuted his live band to the world.No support has been announced for the show as of yet, though a limited number of pre-sale tickets are on sale now here, with the fan password being “GRIZRRX18”.
The woman, surnamed Huang, is now in quarantine along with three family members, health authorities in Beijing said on Wednesday. She was one of more than 300 inmates in the prison to be infected.Virus containment in jails throughout the country has come under greater scrutiny after the cases were discovered.Xiong Xuanguo, a deputy justice minister, told reporters on Wednesday that local law enforcement was to blame, saying there were “gaps” in their prevention and control work.Hubei province revised its daily tally of new infections last week after it had failed to include more than 200 cases from its prisons, casting doubt on the accuracy of its data.Ying Yong, the Communist Party chief of Hubei province, called on officials late on Wednesday to strengthen virus-control measures in prisons, detention centers, drug treatment centers and other public facilities. China has sent an investigation team to Wuhan, the city at the epicenter of a coronavirus outbreak, after reports that a prison released an infected inmate who then travelled to Beijing.A team led by the Ministry of Justice, Supreme Court and Ministry of Public Security will look into the incident, the Central Political and Legal Affairs Commission of the Communist Party of China said in a news release on Thursday.Media reports said an infected inmate was released from a Wuhan women’s prison after completing her sentence. Family members then drove her to Beijing. The report has caused uproar, with netizens asking how she got out of a city that has been sealed off for more than a month.”We healthy people get stuck in Wuhan and she can escape the strictest lockdown there with a fever?” one commentator said on China’s Twitter-like Weibo.”She must have really good connections,” said another.An official with the Hubei provincial prison regulator told The Beijing News on Wednesday that the inmate had been released lawfully. The Beijing CDC confirmed she was infected with the virus, SARS-Cov-2. Topics :
Press Association Sport understands France international Debuchy has agreed personal terms with Arsenal and undergone a medical, but that the Gunners are yet to reach agreement with Newcastle. However, the sticking point is as much Alan Pardew’s need to find a replacement for the former Lille defender as it is over the financial aspects of the deal, and it is to that end that the club has made its move for Janmaat. The 24-year-old is still on World Cup duty in Brazil, where the Dutch face the hosts in Saturday’s third-fourth place play-off, but sources close to the player have indicated his willingness to listen to what the Magpies have to say. But such are the complexities of the summer transfer market that Mike Ashley’s recruitment team has identified a series of alternatives with Manchester City’s Micah Richards and Ivory Coast international Serge Aurier among their potential targets. Managing director Lee Charnley is the man charged with getting the deal done, and he is stepping up his activity after an early flurry of signings with Siem de Jong, Jack Colback and Ayoze Perez having already arrived at St James’ Park this summer. Pardew’s main priority is attacking flair with strikers Loic Remy and Luuk de Jong having returned to their parent clubs after loan spells last season, while Shola Ameobi’s contract has expired. Remy and former Newcastle frontman Demba Ba have been mentioned in dispatches in recent days with their respective futures still undecided. However, as well as the focus on Janmaat, the Magpies are locked in talks with Montpellier over long-term midfield target Remy Cabella, although they are yet to meet outspoken president Louis Nicollin’s valuation of the player, which amounts to around £12million. Press Association Reports from the Netherlands have suggested the Magpies have seen an initial bid for the Feyenoord full-back rejected, although it is understood talks are at an early stage. But having allowed midfielder Yohan Cabaye to join Paris St Germain in January without signing a man to fill his boots, the Tyneside club is refusing to be caught out for a second time. Newcastle are stepping up their efforts to find a replacement for Mathieu Debuchy after opening negotiations for Holland international Daryl Janmaat.